Thursday, August 28, 2014

Family: Puerto Rico

Winter Travels

Aguada - San Juan, PR
La Navidad - El Año Nuevo - 2013


My mom hails from the tiny island of Puerto Rico. If I had to pick my most favorite spot in the entire world, it would be in the house pictured below, nestled in the mountains of Aguada. I dream of laying in the hammock with a good novel, surrounded by lush green plants & tropical fruit, feeling like I'm on top of the world.

The best time to visit PR is during the winter holidays - well, in my opinion. Not only is it cooler, but also the celebrating never stops with the back-to-back holidays: Christmas, New Years, & día de los reyes. These days include a lot of domino game playing (all ages welcomed), pig roastings, a never-ending supply of arroz con gandules (my favorite meal) & FAMILY. With five tías and one tío, I have too many first, second & third cousins to count. They are amazing.

This is my view of Puerto Rico. I recently had the chance to visit San Juan, the beautiful & historic capital of the island, & fell in love with its charming & iconic seaport...but nothing can truly compare to the countryside. Plus, Rincón is right around the corner!

My mother








My tío
All the tías
Getting ready for el año nuevo
Stopping to eat toronja

La plaza in San Juan
My cousin's newborn puppies


No comments:

Post a Comment