Monday, March 16, 2015

The Bay: Countryside Edition

The Bay: Countryside Edition

Big Basin Redwoods State Park - HWY 1 - Carmel-by-the-Sea - Hawk Hill, CA
March - 2015


I forget how alive I feel when surrounded by nature. The smell of spring, the peaceful silence, the perfect saturation of greens, browns & blues - city life is fun, but turns out I prefer its outskirts.

Big Basin Redwoods State Park

Rumor has it that licking a banana slug is good luck. Upon viewing the creature, I decided I was an already lucky person.





HWY 1

This 17-mile drive down Pebble Beach is stunning. With more than 20 stopping points, this short drive can easily turn into an hour+ journey.



Carmel-by-the-Sea

Cue the most gorgeous sunset I have ever seen post 17-mile drive.

Hawk Hill

I admire anyone willing and able to bike up to Hawk Hill. While my friends and I leisurely drove the hills, people of all ages did WORK to make it to the top. Regardless of how anyone arrives to this spot, the outlook overseeing the Bay is a view all can appreciate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment