Saturday, September 27, 2014

Protect the Tradition

Southlake Carroll Homecoming

Southlake - TX

September - 26 - 2014

Summer is when I have the opportunity to Netflix binge like crazy - this past July I immersed myself in Friday Night Lights & quickly became obsessed. I know everyone loves their football in TX, but Dillon's infatuation with the sport reminded me so much of my own hometown's love for the game.

Game day in Southlake is fun - everyone is dressed in green & black, small children pretend to an Emerald Belle, & a huge chunk of the city gathers at Dragon Stadium. As I continue to teach outside of my hometown, I've come to realize how uncommon this football pride may be for other cities (silly realization, I know). Pictured below are photos from SLC homecoming - behold the craziness of huge stuffed animals+ribbons+bells attached to students - & if you don't know what mums or garters are, watch THIS.






No comments:

Post a Comment