Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Colorado

Summer Travels

Denver - Fort Collins - Morrison -Larkspur, CO
July - 12/22 - 2014


Shortly before beginning my first year of teaching, I made the 11-hour drive from Texas to Colorado to visit my college roommate. Ever since that visit, I've made it a habit to visit this beautiful state at least one time each year - visit two of 2014 coming up!

Colorado offers everything: mountains, lakes, hiking, skiing, camping, rocks, trails, hot springs - I could go on & on! Each trip is both relaxing & refreshing; nature really does wonders to the soul.

Although I've visited the state multiple times, the activities from each trip have been completely different. On this go-around I went to a Gregory Alan Isakov concert at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater (it was phenomenal, although no fancy cameras were allowed in). Anna & I hiked Lily Lake in Estes Park & stumbled across a beautiful elk nibbling on leaves. I went to my very first Renaissance Festival in Larkspur - definitely the most bizarre event I've ever frequented (I HIGHLY recommend everyone attend at least one). We wrapped up the trip in Fort Collins at the Odell Brewing Company because, let's face it, you can't go to CO without visiting at least one brewery!









No comments:

Post a Comment